The owls are out!

As promised, the Owlsocks pattern has just been released.Pick it up here on Ravelry or here, in my Etsy shop. I'll pop one of those cute little peectures over my sidebar for your future clicking pleasure.Maybe you'd like to learn a little bit more about the Owlsocks? Here goes:

Do you like owls? Do you like socks? We may have a found a perfect match!

Stately owls perch on these unique large-motif (but not intarsia) colourwork socks. The soles are striped so that the owl motif can be comfortably worked across the instep and the foot. Also, stripey socks are fun! Who can say no to stripey-soled socks?

Use as many or as few colours as you like for your socks! This would be a great way to use up odd bits of sock yarn.

The pattern is a clear, concise, 5-page .pdf file with large charts and images, which I will send via your PayPal email address as soon as I possibly can after I receive payment.

Size: Women’s Medium (or any foot/leg that is 8” in circumference.)

Gauge: 8 stitches = 1 inch (2.5 cm) in Stockinette st.

Yarn: 2 skeins of each of Elann Sock It To Me Essential 4 Ply (229 yd / 50 g) in Butternut (colourway 7918) (Main Colour – MC) and Olive (colourway 46335) (Contrast Colour – CC), or any other comparable fingering weight yarns in a comparable weightthat complement each other.

Needles: One set of five (5) double pointed needles in US 2 (2.75 mm) or size necessary to obtain gauge.

Notions: A stitch marker to mark beginning of round (optional,) and a sewing needle to weave in ends.

Skills Needed: Increasing and decreasing, knitting in the round, stranded knitting, twisted stitches, and chart reading.

Enjoy the owls!

8 comments:

Ann said...

The socks are gorgeous - another great design!

Jez said...

No, THESE are great socks!!!!!

I queued them up instantly!!

--Jessica

me... said...

Super cute socks. They remind me of a Simpson's episode where Lisa Simpson is excited because she's going to 'owl camp'!

I nominated you for a Kreativ Blogger Award. Check my blog.

Adriana said...

Cutest socks ever!! I want to make them into fingerless gloves. If I had my stash here...

Wendy Schreiber said...

I love, LOVE these! Even more important, my daughter is going to love LOVE them! Christmas gift #1 is in the bag.... Thanks Jane!

Heather G. said...

I will resist the inevitable 'hoot' comment, but these are the cat's pyjamas! I am such an owl groupie!!

Elizabeth D said...

These just make me laugh! Think I have to make them for my mom. Would you consider designing frog socks (no, silly, not socks FOR frogs) next?

--Elizabeth D

gayle said...

Those are fabulous! And pretty much irresistible...