Warm Woolen Mittens

The Sound Of Music-inspired Warm Woolen Mittens are now finished and ready for the queueing. I put the finishing touches on their pattern yesterday.

Here's the back -- all Austrian twisted stitch cloister windows and stylized alps covered in edelweiss blossoms:
...and the palm, with its semi-concealed thumb and black thumb-tip:
As I'm Miss October 2010 in the Yarn4Socks Not So Sock Club, the pattern is now available for order as part of a kit right over here. In addition to a copy of the pattern the kit also includes one skein each of O-Wool Classic 2-ply in Natural and Coal to make the mittens. If you'd prefer to just pick up the pattern, I will be selling copies on Ravelry starting on 1 November 2010.

6 comments:

French Press Knits said...

Seriously love them, Jane. I think part of what I love is hearing the name and remembering how much I enjoyed watching the Sound of Music at Christmas as a child. I wish I would have designed a pair of mittens and named them this- I'm a little jealous!

My Little Cupcake said...

These are beautiful! Can't wait to get the pattern.

Bonney said...

Pretty! But there's no pictures on your website link!

Unknown said...

Bonney -- Thank you! I know, that's just the way the site is set up.

Adriana said...

They look amazing! I love the cable the best.

Anonymous said...

These are amazing - I don't know what it is about your mitten patterns, but I haven't met one I didn't like. :)