A Sneak Peek...

January 2011 may seem ages away, but in reality it'll be here in a double-handful of days. Before we know it, it'll be time for National Knit Mittens Month, now going into its third year. My, how the time does fly!

I shall be reprising my role as the contributor of the Official Mitten Pattern (you might recall Anna's Mittens were the OM in 2010.)

As for the new 2011 mittens, they're finished and ready to be unveiled...but not just yet. At present I can only offer you the sneakiest of peeks......which might help you out (or not.) What I can tell you is that the pattern is called Juanita (that's "Janie" en espaƱol,) and that it's knit in a selection of Sunday Knits yarns, but primarily in Nirvana 3 ply (the cashmere blend.)

In any event, allow me to encourage you to join this month-long mitten KAL. I've taken part myself for the past two years and it's always been great fun. There's an enthusiastic NaKniMitMo community on Ravelry to help and cheer you on as you meet all your personal mitten-knitting goals. Still not convinced? Will prizes help change your mind, because those are up for grabs, too. In fact I'll be donating some of my mitten patterns to the prize pile myself.

And for those who are curious about that elusive new mitten...you'll get to meet her here, soon. Stay tuned.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the colors!

tamara said...

I just learned how to knit in mid-January last year, so obviously missed this! It sounds like fun, so here's my, "Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!" affirmative!

Jody said...

you're my kind of knitter! Sunday Knits cashmere blend is the perfect fiber for your gorgeous designs.

Spundun said...

Oooh, you rotten tease, you! That is an enticing sneak peek and I look forward to seeing more.

2011 is going to be the year of the mitten for me, and I shall join in with the January group to get me off to a good start.

Can hardly wait!

Adriana said...

Looks great! Can't wait to see Jaunita revealed.

Maybe this will kick my butt to get me to work on your lovely cupcake mittens.

OzB said...

I was part of the NanoKnit thing last year. It was great fun, and I will join again this year. Love the sneak peak :-)