New Mittens + a few other things

Just got back from the antique shop on the corner where I finally priced the Scary Vase - he's a bit more than I wanted to spend. Hm.People who are planning return trips to London probably shouldn't drop that much money on a Victorian reproduction of a Pre-Colombian(?) vase just because he's pleasingly creepy. Being priced that prohibitively means that I can go get creeped out whenever I like - for free.

In other news, I am happy to announce that the Persnickety Mittens are now available!
Get your copy by clicking the wee button nestled up there between the pictures or stop by Ravelry or my Etsy shop, if you like.

Inspired by tilework, these mitts are a lot of fun to work - I buzzed right through them. Of course, that may have been because I am in love with Sunday Knits' Angelic and Eden 3-ply, respectively. That Red is the most perfect, perfect shade of red I've ever laid eyes on - and I know red. Of course, I am more into yellow these days - but still. It is gorgeous.

And lastly (but by no means leastly,) I would like to congratulate Kate Davies of needled fame for publishing the inaugural edition of her new digital magazine Textisles. I'd also like to thank her for her kind words about my Bacon Mittens in the first issue. If only I could be so pleasantly blindsided every Friday morning! I'm sure I'm not the only one looking forward to the next issue.

There are other delights on the way - stay tuned.

2 comments:

Maryse said...

I really like your new design... although I have to say I can't resist any of your mitten designs!!!

Knittripps said...

I need to learn to practice such restraint! I should be saving my money for the trip I am planning abroad.