You can learn a lot of things from the flowers...

...for especially in the month of June.

A thank you goes out to Eleni for pointing out that in yesterday's picture Golden Celebration (aka. Goldie) resembles the singing flowers' conductor in Alice in Wonderland - she does, but for the colour, of course.

Not convinced? Have a look for yourself:



I went out to have a peek at Goldie this morning - she had had a rough day yesterday, what with the 42 degree heat and all - and this is what I found:She had not only opened fully but had miraculously recovered as well. Sometimes a good drink is really all that one needs.

And then, not an hour later a chance glance out my window revealed another great surprise - my Winchester Cathedral's (Winnie's) buds had burst.She reminds me of the lovely soloist rose from the aforementioned Alice sequence. Winnie is loaded with buds, so I fully expect that the show will go on (and on) for quite some time. I will keep you abreast of her various performances.

4 comments:

Candice said...

My goodness, they are beautiful. Are any of your roses fragrant?

Unknown said...

Thank you and yes - they all are - wonderfully so.

Maryse said...

Keep posting those flower pictures! I love it! Aren't flowers just beautiful? Have a great weekend!

Eleni said...

Hey, I was wondering why I'd had hundreds of hits last week...thank you for the boost! Although of course, all thanks should go to your astonishingly lovely roses, they are the stars here, after all :)