Business, both old and new

First, the Old Business:

I'm so thrilled that so many of you took advantage of the free Guardian (Ravelry link) mitten patterns offered in yesterday's post! I can't wait to see the mittens and fingerless gloves that you come up with -- be sure to let me know (either here or on Ravelry) when you have pictures.

If you'd requested one of the patterns in time you should have it by now. Go check your email! Which reminds me, nestra, Jeanne and maitai, I didn't receive your email addresses. Either leave them in a comment, or send them to spillyjaneknits {at} gmail {dot} com and I'll get your copies out to you right away.

Which also reminds me...

I have one copy of Guardian left to send out
! First commenter who requests it gets it (please remember to give me your email address!)

And now for the New Business:

The New House festivities continue! Some of you might be aware that the new place has been lovingly named Pittsworth Manor (some of you might even recall the origins of the moniker.) In any event, to commemorate the event even further, I'm in the process of working on a sock pattern called (logically,) Pittsworth. Here's what I've got so far:

Yes, there is a lot going on on the legs of these ones, but if you know how to cable and twist stitches you'll be just fine. The foot will be a bit more sedate, I promise. This is what happens when I sit down and "doodle" with yarn. The last time I went into a pattern with no set plan and just let the sock "happen" we ended up with the Naive Socks (Ravelry link.)

That's not the only thing that they'll have in common with the Naive Socks...these are also going to be offered as a free pattern (and I swear you'll like this heel better!) Watch for these soon -- I have three other sock patterns on the way that want out of my brain and off my needles!

6 comments:

Adriana said...

Beautiful! I can't wait to see what happens next!

Michele said...

Thanks for the pattern. I can't wait to get busy. Hope you are all unpacked.

Katie K said...

2nd try! I would love to have it!

kkehrig@earthlink.net

Wendy Schreiber said...

Oh I just love cables...although I have not tried them with tiny needles so I hope I still love them after this!

Thanks for the pattern Jane! I now have a plethora (definied as extreme excess; "an embarrassment of riches") of SpillyJane patterns- and I am not the least bit embarrassed by my riches...

maitai said...

hi! i just wanted to let you know i sent you an email with my email address :) thanks!

Jeanne said...

I've sent an email with my email address this morning. Thanks!