Prickly

I've been commissioned by MacKintosh Yarns to design a mitten with a thistle motif in their Iona Sport Weight yarn. Let me just say that this yarn is ruining me for all other mitten yarns -- I suspect it's the cashmere (can you blame me?)

Meet the Thistle mittens (on Ravelry). The back:Somewhere between William Morris' tapestries, Byzantine herbals, my own scribblings and the Third Style of Roman wall-painting these mittens happened.

The palm:These just might be one of the prettiest things I've ever made.

11 comments:

Natalie said...

Those are incredible! Congratulations! I can't wait to make a pair for myself.

Anonymous said...

A commission. how neat is that. I am sure they will be happy with the results.

Anna Gueldenhaupt said...

These are absolutely amazing. Congratulations on the commission as well!

Josie said...

That's possibly the most gorgoeous yarn colour combination I've ever seen :)

the design is beautiful too :-)

Azura said...

OMG! I love them! Absolutely stunning!!!

And congrats on the commission :)

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Looks like they'll be gorgeous! Can't wait to see the finished pattern.

Adriana said...

They look so soft and squishy :)

Ann said...

It is very pretty & the colors combination is great.

WildflowerWool said...

Love the colour. The design looks great!!

Karen said...

I love the colors and the pattern too. Congratulations on your commission!

thalassophile said...

I saw this and ordered the yarn from MacIntosh, when will the pattern be out? :-)