Blue Christmas socks, FO.



Yarn: Koigu KPPPM
Needles: KnitPicks dpns, US 3
Pattern: my Plain Vanilla sock recipe, featuring a round heel and wedge toe
Started: early December 2006
Finished: early January 2007

Notes: this was my first project worked with metal needles, which were much more heavy than i expected. i discovered the joys of toting such needles in purses (the stabbing! the slipped stitches!!) and decided that maybe i should shelve the metal needles for a while. regardless, these socks kept me busy during a dreary and depressing holiday season.

Fun Fact: these socks allowed me to hone my reading-and-knitting-at-the-same-time skills. they also travelled with me to every holiday event and party i attended last season.

2 comments:

Adriana said...

Wowee!! Those are some beautiful socks! There's just something about Koigu...

(Eeek! The word verification picture didn't load! I'm not sure what to do)

Heather G. said...

Love that colour! I am not a fan of metal dpns either. In fact, I have sworn off dpns for traveling altogether after I nuked my 2mm ponys in my purse last month. Errg.

How many pairs of socks do you have now?