Incoming!

I released another piece of Xmas knitting into the wild the other night! This means I can show you this specimen:This is the Interlocking Balloons scarf from Scarf Style, a scarf I had previously totally overlooked. It's the perfect guy-gift scarf! It's not boring and repetitive like some of the other guy-scarves out there, and it kept me busy for the better part of two weeks. I'm also pleased to say that it was very well-received, which makes me really happy.

Once this bit of Xmas knititng was out of the way, I decided that a small "break" was in order. In the interest of preserving my sanity I decided to start a sock pattern that didn't originate in the depths of my brain. Yep, with Red Bird Socks' Bird Foot, I'm just sitting back and enjoying the ride.Sure, I stalled around the beginning of the heel flap, but I'll pick them up soon, mainly because I just want to wear these socks. The extremely tacky (and annoyingly inescapable) working title -- The Richest Socks in Babylon -- stems from the combination of listening to too much Thievery Corporation and the "exotic" colour choices (KP Essential Sock Yarn in Pumpkin and KP Essential Kettle Dyed Sock Yarn in Bourdeaux Kettle.) I know, I know. Anyway.

So where does this leave me? Oh, with three mitten patterns in the works (technically four, if you want to be picky about it,) and a couple of sock patterns that also want out of my brain. It's getting crowded in here.

4 comments:

Ann said...

Love the scarf! The sock looks great too & I love th colors. Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year to you.

Torhild Reidardatter said...

You are so right.. The scarf is in the book!!!! I am beginning to think I may have too many books and patterns to keep control:-)
Cant help my self though....

Adriana said...

Oops, how did I miss this post?

Love the scarf! I should try that one some time.

The sock is looking great. It must be nice to just sit back and let someone else worry about the pattern.

Andreapgn said...

I'm drooling over the scarf... love it!