Flamingo Mittens

You may have heard this already, but if not......here it is: the Flamingo Mittens' pattern is now available. Please note that the pattern also includes instructions on how to make fingerless Flamingo mitts as well.

The yarns I used here are from Sunday Knits. The Main Colour is the 3-ply Eden in Pickle and the Contrast Colour is the 3-ply Angelic in Peach. Believe me when I say that the colours are even more delicious in person.

You can pick it up here on Ravelry, and (eventually) in my Etsy shop (soon.)Yes, these mittens feature everyone's favourite long-legged, lawn-dwelling, plastic-feathered friend, the ornamental flamingo. Fun, kitschy, vintage-inspired handwear for the upcoming winter (seriously, the whole time I was reminded of my grandmother's Corelle dishes.)

8 comments:

Allison said...

Love them! And love the colors you chose!

Alexis Winslow said...

These are just delightful! Nice work. I'm going to check out your Ravelry page right now.

Maryse said...

I knew I would love these!!!

Kort og Søm said...

Wow!! :O)

Ariane said...

LOve at first sight!

Bonnie said...

Ooh! I still have a casserole dish of that Corelle pattern. My Mom gave it to me, and I remember her using it for broccoli casserole. I'm not sure broccoli casserole can be made in anything else, actually.

Unknown said...

OMW! My grandma had Corelle dishes too! The placesettings had gold flowers on white. I actually have Corelle at my house now too! Plain white, though. Way boring. I love the mitts! Tres' kitchy! I can't wait to make them for my daughter who is 15 and goes to school in Minnesota where you can actually use something like that (as opposed to North Carolina where we live).

Love Bonnie's comment...I have casserole dishes that I only use for certain things. Crazy!

elementalfibers said...

I don't know how I missed these... they're brilliant! Just love the colors, too.