Surprise!

I was at home this morning, happily spending some quality time with no less than three new socks/mittens (left to right, that's the Gnome socks, the Flamittens and Clerkenwell,)when a mail carrier knocked on my door and handed me an oversized parcel from Knit Picks. I assumed that this must be the book and needles that I had recently ordered from them, but...well, isn't this box a little too large for just one book? Hmmm...

It turns out I was right to doubt the contents of the package, because I was hardly expecting to open it to find this:Samples of each new Fall 2010 colourway of Knit Picks Palette to play with! Let me tell you, the new colours are gorgeous!

I hardly knew what to make of it! Neither did Bubo...and Schnecke (have you met Schnecke yet?) was overwhelmed, to say the least!It is all so lovely and the fact that it was a surprise makes it doubly so. Thank you so, so much, Kelley and Stacey! I will definitely put the yarn to good use.

10 comments:

Kelley said...

You are welcome! And, thank you for all of your tempting designs!

Hugs,
Kelley

Stacey said...

I was actually just wondering this morning if it had arrived. Have fun with it & can't wait to see what you come up with next!

Andrea - Touch Magic, Pass It On said...

Whoooo! You lucky lucky knitter!

French Press Knits said...

Totally jealous, that must have been a great surprise!

Isabel Toile-dAraignee said...

Bubo! It's Latin for Owl!

I find it amusing that I'm more thrilled with the fact that you have an owl named Bubo than the fact that KnitPicks shipped you a bundle of yarn...

But the yarn is gorgeous!

Adriana said...

So exciting! The yarn is lovely. I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Allison said...

Wow, what a great surprise! I'm sure you'll come up with something unique and interesting, as usual!

Maryse said...

Knit Picks are so smart! Your knits are so gorgeous! ;-) Enjoy!

Heather G. said...

Di Immortales!

What a fun surprise! And I notice a lovely yellow there, even better.

Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Lindsay Jean said...

Well, color me jealous! I remember my first huge order of Palette. I sat on the bed while I unwrapped it all and arranged (and re-arranged) all the shades.

I can't imagine the joy of getting a surprise pack of free Palette!