Autumn on the wing

September hit and it's as if someone immediately set the switch to "Autumn." It's grey outside. The air smells cool and damp and good. I am decked out in cozy shades of navy + grey. I have a tawny tousled mane just like a lion.The garden is starting to wind down, but you'd never know it from the way the sunflowers and marigolds are carrying on.Heritage (Hetty, I call her,) refuses to stop the show. She is even prettier now than she was in the Spring.
Up in the studio, Things are Happening. Here is the first of a pair of socks for Tom, knit from my own handspun, as it lounges after a lavender-scented bath......and this is the beginnings of a hat fit for a Southwark-wandering Wackadoo......namely me.

3 comments:

Dr.L said...

That sock looks like the Very Hungy Caterpillar!

Bonnie said...

That rose is stunning. Thanks for posting the picture. Happy knitting to us all!

elaine said...

Your handspun socks remind me of The Very Hungry Caterpillar!