The Bulb-bening, 2011

Well, this year's batch of bulbs has been planted - I even have the sore back (from improper bending) to prove it.The usual suspects are out in full force; weirdo tulips abound - odd blends, some frilly, some splotchy, some ruffley - but we have some new offenders on the roster as well this year. Swathes of daffodils, drifts of crocus - some commonplace, others not. I look forward to meeting them all in the Spring.Black Passion Blend tulips? Yes, please!

And just in case anyone of the bright-eyed and bushy-tailed persuasion even considers helping him- or herself to a bulb-snack, I have added a little something extra to the mix:I hope you squirrels are in the mood for Indian tonight!

And though my bulbs are currently napping under their chili-seasoned soil duvet, I clearly still have tulips on the brain - just look at what I picked up from Meadowview Alpacas:There was no way that I could've said no to saturated colours like that! This palette will surely help tide me over under the tiny wee bulb-noses appear in the garden.

5 comments:

Erin Kate said...

Your yarn goes perfectly with your garden! So beautiful. I love your blog.

Bonnie said...

Great! Let us know how the chili works. I bought some horrendous-smelling spray that I sprayed around the perimeter of my garden this year. It worked fairly well. One of the ingredients is "putrefied egg parts."

Maryse said...

Let us know if the chili powder works well! I also planted tulips 2 weeks ago! It's the first time so I will be excited this spring! I look forward to seeing yours! Your new yarn is beautiful too!

Laura said...

I have an eternal battle with the squirrels as well. Yesterday I set my mother-in-law, 2yo and 5yo free with some shovels and bulbs so I am very curious to see what comes up in the spring!

Lois said...

The squirrels in Hamilton eat my tulips when they are in full flower, it is so sad. They also chew my led christmas lights to bits.