The NEW Wintertime for Adriana mittens are on the loose!

If I'm not careful, I'm going to OD on mittens.
Hah! Who am I kidding?! I love them to bits, and these ones in particular!

My friend Adriana has an annual tradtion where she knits a strictly seasonal project every holidau season. Usually this project ends up being a pair of socks, but this year she decided that a pair of mittens was in order. More specifically, she decided that a pair of mittens designed by me for her was especially in order. I was only to happy to comply, and these are the result -- Wintertime for Adriana (Ravelry link): Mittens that are classic without being stuffy and seasonal without being cloying. These are the perfect mittens to wear while on your holiday visits or to give to the people you're visiting.

Here are some other things that you might like to know about Wintertime for Adriana:

The pattern is a clear, concise, 4-page .pdf file with large charts and images.

Size: Women’s Medium (or any hand that is 8” in circumference.)

Gauge: 10 stitches = 1 inch (2.5 cm) in Stockinette st.

Yarn: One ball of Knit Picks’ Palette (231yd / 50g) in each of the following colours: Spearmint (Main Colour -- MC,) and the following Contrast Colours (CC): Blush (CA,) Red (CB,) Garnet Heather (CD,) Ivy (CE) and Cream (CF.) Note – Knit Picks Palette in Red been discontinued. Please substitute with Knit Picks’ Palette in Pimento (CB,) if necessary to preserve the original colour scheme. Alternately, any other fingering yarn in these colours or colours of your choice may be used. A 15” piece of waste yarn of the same weight in a contrasting colour to hold the thumb stitches is also required.

Needles: One set of five (5) double pointed needles in US 0 (2 mm) or size necessary to obtain gauge.

Notions: A stitch marker to mark beginning of round (optional,) and a sewing needle to weave in ends.

Skills Needed: Knitting in the round, stranded knitting, twisted stitches, and chart reading.

Enjoy the new mittens! I'll be back soon, with yet another mitteny offering -- I'm just waiting for the yarn to arrive in the mail.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Okay, those are pretty awesome mittens, even if the colors are somewhat dull for my tastes. I'm charmed.

Adriana said...

I love them, I love them, I LOVE them!! I can't wait to knit them. They are so perfect, especially since I'm off socks this year.

Ann said...

Can't believe that the gorgeous mittens are done. It will take me ages to do colorwork like this. Great design.

MaryjoO said...

you are definitely spoiling us by all your recent projects (thanks) -- I'm waiting to get going on my "Polska" ones first!