Decadence mittens are now live!

I know -- I can hardly believe it either -- but the Decadence mittens are finished and the pattern is now live.Indulge some of your favourite 19th century vices with these lushly ornate mittens. Hidden among the Art Nouveau-inspired swirls of foliage (or are those curls of smoke?) are instruments of delicious deviant delights – poppy pods and absinthe spoons.

Get the pattern here on Ravelry. Give it a day or so to appear in my Etsy shop.Now I'm off to go locate my copy of Birch and to wrangle some Kidsilk Night, all because I was lenient enough to get sucked into the whole Knitting Olympics thing. Yep.

If you're looking for me, I'll be the one crying beneath the pile of tangled sparkly mohair.

9 comments:

JelliDonut said...

They're beautiful!

ImplausibleYarn said...

Those are amazing! Theres something pretty great about mixing old fashioned vices with knitting, there might even be a word for it if I was awake enough (besides kinda kickass).

Heather G. said...

Out of all your mittens, I love this palm the best!

Kelley Petkun said...

Love the historical context! And the colors are so Art Deco!

You are just an amazing designer!!

Adriana said...

Super pretty!! I love the details.

I'm with you on the lace knitting thing. I'm hoping to knit my mom's shawl for the wedding during the Olympics. Too bad I can't take advantage of my 2 hour bus ride this afternoon to work on it :P

rosalia said...

Elegant and sportive. I love them.

MaryjoO said...

such a pretty mitten!

And good luck on "Birch" -- :) and those 299 cast ons ....

Ann said...

Gorgeous. The pattern is amazing both front & back.

Louise said...

Good luck with your olympic knitting!